Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Socks, socks, socks

Everywhere I look it's socks! OK, not really, but I do have quite a few pairs on the needles.

Hubbo's first sock, and the first Jawoll sock are done. The second Jawoll sock has begun.








The Online Summer sock is through the gusset, thanks to a 2 hour wait last week at HP5.







The Child's First sock is about 3.5 repeats into the leg. I'm loving the pattern and yarn, but it hasn't gotten worked on much, due to the concentration required!






The Yarrow Rib socks are coming along slowly, as I'm finding the yarn (Austermann Step) pretty slippery, and so I don't enjoy working with it for long periods of time.







This sock is the Diagonal Rib sock in Socks that Rock mediumweight in Lemongrass. Started about a week and a half ago on a pretty bad day. The cheery color helped the day get better.





A plain stockinette sock with a picot top in MadelineTosh yarn in Ginsing. I was a bit sad when the colors started pooling, but then they started swirling, and I'm OK with that! These lovelies travel to Hubbo's soccer games and get worked on there. They're a bit further that the photo shows - nearly ready for the heel flap!



And these two are the Knee High to a Grasshopper socks and the Solstice Slip socks from the Rockin' Sock Club. I'm a bit nervous about the grasshopper socks, as I'm attempting them top down, and I've heard that the socks have difficulty staying up, since they're so stretchy. We'll try. I like the Solstice Slip socks, though I'm only one repeat into the pattern.

I have more socks waiting in the wings (and some taking naps), but I've got to get some of these finished first!

8 comments:

  1. I just LOVE those lemongrass diagonal ribs! I will not comment on your insane level of productivity. But I will bow down to you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you run out, you can always knit my socks for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your WIPs make my head spin! Pretty sweaters and socks on the needles. I think I may have to put Rusted Root in my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:08 AM

    I love looking at your Works in Progress! I actually feel like I have things almost under control after seeing what you have going! (The Shell socks are one of my favorites)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I'm thinking that you like knitting socks? Wow!

    Lemongrass is my favorite pair you've got there. What a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lots of great socks you have on your nedles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:37 AM

    Good grief, how many pairs of sock-size DPNs do you HAVE?!

    I love to see all the different sock yarns though :)

    ReplyDelete