1. I was gifted! The lovely Karen sent me a pressie! Just for participating in her KAL! Wow! Here it is:
I am so excited - sock yarn (in and of itself a big woo hoo!) in some great colors, from a source I haven't used yet (seriously, it is one of about 5 yarns from Knitpicks I haven't used!)! I'm so excited - I almost ordered this for myself yesterday!
And how generous is Karen? I believe that she sent each participant a goodie! Wowzers! Thanks Karen!
2. I saw this over at Chris's blog and I couldn't resist.
Meme instructions : Look at the list of books below. Bold the ones you've read, italicize the ones you might read, cross out the ones you won't, underline the ones on your book shelf, and place parentheses around the ones you've never even heard of.
The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger - This is actually up next in my stack.
His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling
Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell
Catch-22 - Joseph Heller
The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
1984 - George Orwell
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown
Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
The Secret History - Donna Tartt
A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
The Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
(Good Omens - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman)
Atonement - Ian McEwan
The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Dune - Frank Herbert
How did you do?
3. Aren't my babies cute? They are so sweet when they don't attack each other (OK, really, the dogs attack the cat).
4. Wow - all you bag harlots out there - I didn't think y'all hid such dark secrets! C'mon - show me your favorite bag, knitting or otherwise!
5. Those of you who live in the Boston/NYC area, I'd love to get together when I'm there! Let's make a plan! And shopping-wise, I'm really interested in one thing. Let's see if you can guess what it is....