Thursday, February 02, 2006
And the finished objects just keep on coming
Here's the Red Scarf for you, in all it's hard-to-photograph glory.
Pattern: 2x2 rib over 48 stitches
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease
Needles: Susan Bates US 8 Circ
Started: Saturday January 21, finished Friday January 27.
No, Einstein's didn't take it. I'll be donating it locally to a shelter here. A little peeved though.
Not a lot of knitting for you today - my thumbs hurt (the bottom part in my palm) and momma tells me could be carpal tunel. Must rest hands. Worried that this will delay the completion of the Turtleneck Shrug, but what are you gonna do? It is joined for the neck right now, and is horribly ackward to knit. It's like two legs getting twisted around each other every round.
I did cast on the stitches for my second Jaywalker, to take to work tomorrow - the shrug is not portable at this point. We'll see how the hands feel.
In place of knitting, you get mememememememe!
I have to say, that it may be nerdy of me, but I love getting tagged! And ms. pea tagged me, and I can't resist.
Four jobs in my life:
1. Grocery Store checker
2. Smoothie maker
3. Copy Editor
4. Fluffer/folder (This was my actual job title at a large department store chain. My job was to go around and clean up after people, fluff and fold the clothes, put them back on hangers, clean out dressing rooms, etc. It sucked!)
Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. You've Got Mail
2. Austin Powers, the first 2
3. Aladdin (DORK!)
Four favorite TV shows:
1. Veronica Mars
3. Grey's Anatomy
Four favorite albums:
1. Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band Live
2. CSNY's Deja Vu
3. Lucinda Williams' Car Wheels on a Gravel Road
4. The Band's The Band
Four places I have lived:
1. Fort Wayne, IN
2. Fort Worth, TX
That's it, just two. I'm boring.
Four places I have been on vacation:
3. The Caribbean
4. Big Sur, CA
Four websites I visit daily:
4. Cute Overload
Four of my favorite foods:
1. Really good pizza
2. Mexican - anything
3. Chicken with Snow Peas
4. Cake - chocolate with white icing
Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. On the beach
3. Shopping with an unlimited credit card
4. Hanging out with my friends
Have a great Friday!