Sunday, February 12, 2006

KAL Update and Day 3

Lots of updates for you today!

Jess has started on her Zig Zag - looks great so far! She also dyed up some yarn this week that is so pretty!

Sherrill has some lovely new sock yarn and the cutest needle holder!

Theresa has been crazy busy! She finished up a hat (her knitting olympics swatch), Winter Folly, her 90th(!!!!!) pair of socks, and started on Am Kamin! Whew, I'm tired just typing that!

Tara finished up a gorgeous Noro cardi, is working away on her Jaywalkers and is casting on for her Olympic cardi!

Chris finished *another* lace project! This time it's Ella, and it's beautiful! She is on a knitting tear!

Laura has started some beautiful stranded mittens!

Erica celebrated her blogiversary this week! And she has pictures of an oh-so-cute buttonhole bag!

E is on vacation, and she didn't take us!

Julie has cast on her Olympic knitting as well!

And I've been knitting along for myself as well!

Here is the sock - ready to start the heel flap. Have I mentioned how much I love this yarn?

Yum, yum, yum!


And here are the pirates!


So far, so good, but I hate to jinx myself! This is my progress on day 3 (really day 2 for me!):

And the floats:

I am a *bit* nervous due to my lack of training swatching. However, I'm rationalizing just a tad. You see, I just finished a hat out of practically the same yarn (just a bit bulkier) and my socks are sort-of fair isle, right? Totally counts.

I have to say, without sounding egotistical, that I think it looks pretty good so far. There are a few wonky tension spots, but they don't bother me.

When The Husband got home from work today, he asked to see it, and said: "Oooh, it looks so good! You might have to make me one too! We can be pirate twins! Would that be OK?" Aw, isn't he sweet?

Oh, and I think that shot of my pattern caused some confusion - I'm making the hat, but it sure does look like a mitten on that chart!

Thanks for all the sweet blogiversary wishes! I hope to be around for a long time to come!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on the sock and colorwork! I love the yarn you're using for your socks (Is that the Trekking?)- it looks so soft and the colorway is gorgeous. So impressed with all the colorwork, too! You and Laura have me very tempted! ;-) Thanks for the KAL update and take care! :-)

    ReplyDelete