First, December Goals:
1. Finish all Christmas gifts. - DONE
2. Get everything off of the needles EXCEPT for stripey cardi. - DONE
3. If time allows, make a few mousies and tiny sweaters/gift tags for extra gifts. - MADE MICE AND ORNAMENTS
4. Start Turtle Neck Shrug - DONE
5. Basic Cable Hat for ME!!! - DONE
6. "Plan" Cabled Mittens - NOT DONE
7. Swatch for Ribby Cardi - DID NOT SWATCH, BUT CAST ON! I like to live dangerously.
So I sort of forgot about the cabled mittens. Oops. But since it was almost 80 here today and over 80 yesterday, it's just not mitten weather!
1. Finish Turtle Neck Shrug
2. Finish sockpal socks
3. Finish at least one Jaywalker sock
4. Start The Husband's Whitby socks
5. Finish the back of Ribby Cardi
6. Clean and organize and inventory stash
7. Basic Cable Hat for Sis
8. Start Leaf Lace Shawl
9. Seam Baby Cardi
10. Finish Anouk
11. Make baby tote bag for shower gift (sewing)
12. Buy yarn for February projects with xmas $$ (as if this needs to be a goal!)
14. Spend some time each week on The Girl's cross-stitch stocking.
Inspired by other bloggers, I'm going to do the "52 books in 52 weeks." Now obviously, I don't have to read a book a week, just average that. I've got tons of books to choose from (my house is full of them), but I'd like your suggestions. What is your favorite book? Or just a great read? What book really made you think? Leave me some suggestions in the comments. My first book is "The Secret Life of Bees." It is "supposed" to be very good, we'll see if I like it.
Finally, to fill the picture void, I leave you with this. As I was packing the yarn for my Indiana trip, I began to notice a theme.
Left to right: Yarn for Turtleneck Shrug, Ribby Cardi, Wristwarmers, Leaf Lace Shawl, Basic Cable Hat and Jaywalkers.
Can you tell what it is?