Friday, October 14, 2005

Finally Friday FOs!

I know y'all have been waiting with baited breath....

Here they are! The finished (and felted) Buttonhole Bag!

I had to put it through the wash twice, and it still obviously shows the stitches, but I like it. It seems much larger than then one in the pattern, but it looks nice.

Details: Buttonhole Bag
Pattern: from Mason-Dixon
Yarn: Four strands of Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Bluebonnet held together (with Mist for the trim)
Needles: Sz 15 29" circular
Started: Some time in September
Finished: Monday, October 10. Felted Thursday October 13.

Knitty Gritty: Pattern calls for two strands of Lamb's Pride Bulky. So I subbed 4 strands of WoA. Worked out fine, until I started to run out of yarn (very near the end). So I unraveled the 1/2 skein I had left from my blanket square and cut it into 4 pieces. Then I ran out again - one row from BO. So I unraveled the 1/2 skein I had left from Sophie, and cut it into 4 pieces. I had about 8 inches left of the Mist yarn. I really like the little touch of contrasting color at the edge. Very nice. I would choose to do that again. And next time I'll read the pattern more closely to make sure I have enough yarn before starting!

And....Wavy is done!

I know you didn't expect this one, but I powered through it while I was on the phone with momma last night and finished up tonight.

(Don't you like the way my nostrils look here? I was trying to get my head out of the shot - The Man was not home to aid in the photo shoot).

Details: Wavy
Pattern: from Knitty
Yarn: Paton's Classic Merino Wool - I think the colorway is Blue Heather, but it's not labeled on the ball band.
Needles: Sz 7 16" circular
Started: Sunday October 2
Finished: Friday October 14.

Knitty Gritty: I really like the structure of this pattern, but by pattern repeat 7 I was ready to throw it away! I couldn't memorize the pattern and had to keep referring to it, and it didn't make for good TV knitting with all that concentration. Bleh. But it was fairly fast (and would have been faster had I not been disgusted with it). And it is so cute - a nice departure from a garter stitch or 2x2 rib scarf. I hope my MIL likes it....

I found the floss for the bunny hat details, so I'll try to finish that up tomorrow. We'll see.

I saw the new Vogue Knitting tonight, and all I have to say is FUGLY. Bleh. Glad I don't have a subscription to this one after all! Now....when is the new IK out?

Oooh, and on Monday - Knitty surprises will be up! I hope they are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment