Thursday, January 30, 2014

N is for Numbers

I found this fabric on clearance at a while back, and thought it would be perfect for N!

Samantha specifically requested ruffles on her dress, and pockets on the sides. I made the Geranium dress (again!), with some mods. I did the option for the ruffled sleeve, but I made it with the cap sleeve choice. I ruffled the skirt instead of making pleats (pleats are my preference!) but added in the inseam pockets that the pleated skirt offers (I traced the pocket separately on a sheet of paper, and laid it to the side of the skirt pattern when I was cutting it out)  and cut extra fabric to make a ruffle at the bottom. I also added length, as she is going through a growth spurt.

It was nice to make changes to a pattern, and understand enough about what I am doing for them to come out correctly!

No comments:

Post a Comment