Thursday, February 07, 2013

Madrona Road Challenge

Our local quilt guild took part in the MQG's Madrona Road Challenge this winter. We were each given a stack of prints from the Madrona Road collection, and our guidelines were that we could add more of the Madrona Road prints, and up to three solids.

Madrona Road challenge

I used Ashley's tutorial to make my blocks. I made 30 blocks and sashed the blocks with 1.5" strips. I added 3" borders. My background print was Kona Snow.

For the backing I really wanted to use the cute truck/donkey print from the line. One of my local quilt shops had it in stock, so I couldn't resist. I mimicked the front block formation by inserting sashing of Kona Coal down the middle and across one side.

Madrona Road challenge back

I quilted inside each block. I bound it with Kona Medium Grey. Used all three of my solids! :) I really like the way this one turned out! Now to decide who to gift it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment