I meant to post yesterday for WIP Wednesday, but we have been without internet since Tuesday. Praise the lord for small miracles - so glad to have it back! So instead, I thought I would share the rest of the clothing I have made for Samantha already this fall.
I shared the tops I made for her here, and her back to school dress here.
I whipped up some simple skirts for her with some cute prints. I couldn't resist this donkey print, and when the shop I was ordering the fabric for her birthday skirt had this print too, I had to have it.
We had a dino birthday party this year (hopefully I can get my pictures uploaded and edited this weekend, and share that with you next week!), so we had to have a dino skirt. We chose some of Ann Kelle's adorable fabric, and I made another simple skirt.
I also wanted to make her another dress. Anna Maria Horner had just released her Paper Fan Dress Pattern, so I decided to use that one. I agonized over what fabrics to use, and what I had in my stash that was enough for the very full, wrapped skirt. I settled on this combination, and I really like it. Unfortunately, I made a size five, thinking she could wear it for two years, and it is huge. It will be put away until she grows into it, and I'll probably make another one that fits for this year! It was a good pattern for me to try out new skills on (first knife pleats). One problem I had was that the seam allowance called for after you fold the skirt up to the bodice (after you sew it to the bodice) didn't enclose the seam, so I had to sew the seam allowance much narrower, which ran into my buttonholes a bit. However, I made it work, and I think it looks OK.
Now to pick patterns for KCWC!