Monday, October 30, 2006

I said I wasn't going to do this again....

It's that time of year again. The time when all of us who didn't plan well enough ahead start to feel the mild panic of the CHRISTMAS KNITTING.

Last year I was smart. I was ahead of the game. And then I ended up adding and adding and adding to my list. I told myself I wasn't going to do that this year. And then Sunday, while I was internet playing (instead of grading the mountain of papers I brought home) I started getting ideas. I could knit dishcloths for the other first grade teachers*. I could knit dishcloths for The Girl's teachers. I could knit ornaments for some people. Hmmmmmm.......

Here's where the list stands now.

Socks 1 - DONE
Socks 2 - started
Socks 3 - started
Socks 4 - yarn ordered
Socks 5 - started

Sweater - started (will probably not be done, as is secret knit and cannot work on it in front of hubbo)

Scarf 1 - DONE
Scarf 2 - yarn received
Neckwarmer - DONE

Hat 1 - DONE
Hat 2 - yarn received
Hat 3 - yarn received
Hat 4 - need to order yarn

Slippers - yarn received

Blanket - started

Dishcloths 1 - Have yarn
Dishcloths 2 - Have yarn
Dishcloths 3 - check stash
Dishcloths 4 - check stash
Dishcloths 5 - check stash

Ornament 1 - DONE
Ornament 2 - have yarn
Ornament 3 - have yarn
Ornament 4 - have yarn
Ornament 5 - have yarn
Ornament 6 - have yarn
Ornament 7 - have yarn

My stocking - have yarn in stash

Penguin - have yarn in stash

Panta 1 - need to order yarn
Panta 2 - need to order yarn

I will blog as much as I can about these gifts, but many are for readers of ye olde blog, so I may have to keep some details on the DL. This list of 31 items puts me much lower than last year's 46, but I expect to add a few things to the list. (Heck, I've added three things since I started this post!).

I'll add the holiday knitting list to the sidebar, but don't look for too much progress too soon, though I hope to get some of the smaller items off the needles quickly.

What's on your list?

*My apologies to everyone for not getting around to answering your questions about the new school. Everything is going well - I'm feeling very settled (though I still can't find things I know I unpacked), and everyone is very welcoming. All in all, a good move.

2 comments:

  1. I swore I wasn't going to do any Christmas knitting this year, but somehow I still have about 10 projects on the list . . .

    Have you seen the Who Wouldn't Love a Handknitted Gift blog? There's a link from mine. You can blog about secret gifs there. Because, you know, you have so much extra time to blog twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is: don't do it to yourself! Pick the four or five people you're closest to, and knit only for them. Everyone else gets storebought gifts. Otherwise you won't even have time to eat on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete