Monday, July 31, 2006

Trekking to the ballgame


Trekking to the ballgame
Originally uploaded by jenn_tx.
Last night Jen and the lovely owners of our new LYS Yarns Ewenique went to the ballpark for Stitch 'n Pitch night. Hubbo and I enjoyed some delightful hot dogs and got goodie bags full of yarn, a set of needles and a notions holder. Annemieke and Dru Ann even made the paper! And, even better, Annemike, Dru Ann and Barbara (the coordinator) and I were on the local televised broadcast! The Girl keeps telling me that I'm a "movie" star, but I'm just grateful that they didn't interview me, just showed us knitting.

The sock trekked along of course. Allow me to introduce you to my new sock - Trekking XXL (can't remember the colorway), but it reminds me of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream with a hint of pink. Love it.

3 comments:

  1. How cool - what a great idea Stitch 'n Pitch is!! Sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting and baseball go so well together. I love baseball because it doesn't require full attention at all times. I love your Mint Chip colorway! My cousin and I have birthdays 2 days apart and someone would always ask what flavor ice cream we wanted for our party. In unison we would scream "Miiint Chiiiip!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! I have that colorway saved somewhere, because I like it, too.

    ReplyDelete