Thursday, June 15, 2006

What's in your wallet notions bag?

I think this "meme" went around blogland sometime early last year (I think I was barely reading blogs then), but I wanted to show off my "new" notions bag, so I thought I'd turn it into a meme!


I've actually got two notions kits - a travel one (that is always in my purse with my current WIP - usually a sock), and a "big" home one. The little one contains all my essentials (except my folding scissors which I can't find!). I've got a tape measure, a row counter, a pen, some stitch markers, a cable needle, and my Chibi.


My "big" kit contains many of the same items - stitch markers, row counter, point protectors, stitch holders, crochet hooks, tape measure, pen, note pad (I cannot throw anything that is somewhat usable away. I've had this for over 10 years. But it's the perfect size for my knitting kit!), scissors, needle holders and pompom makers. Whew!



I'm really excited due to a new purchase - a little pill holder that I found at Michaels for $1!. It is perfect for my three different kinds of stitch markers. I also have a cute little Mary Englebreit box that my momma got me - perfect for my "fancy" stitch markers.


And finally, a (horribly fuzzy) picture of my notions bag - blue for June! I finally outgrew my cute little ladybug notions holder, and this is a great size - large but not huge, has three inside pockets, love the color. Oh, and I think I found out why it was at the great Vera Bradley sale.


So, what's in your wallet notions bag? Tag, you're it!

4 comments:

  1. Orange Chibi! I don't leave home without it - when I am going out to knit that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love peeking into people's bags of knitting stuff! Thanks for sharing - and great idea for the fancy stitchmarkers. I need to do something special for them and haven't yet!

    I made a note to do this meme - now, hopefully I remember next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, a meme. Perfect. I have nothing to blog about, so I'll join in early this week. Maybe as early as tomorrow. Come to think of it, there have been a real dearth of memes recently. Thanks for thinking of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great meme! Here is my very very belated answer.

    ReplyDelete