Ok - just a quickie tonight before I fall asleep sitting up.
I'm SO excited about the new Knitty! While there are several patterns I really don't care for, there are some I can't wait to make.
Here's my list:
1. Kate is super cute! I just got Jess' booklet about two weeks ago, and haven't talked about it yet, but I love it! Can't wait to knit up some super cute stuffed toys!
2. Tempting II is MUCH better than the original. I tried making the original back in the spring, and just got discouraged. Plus the giant bow just wasn't me. This one though I think I'd wear often.
3. I sort of like Blanche Neige, but I'm just not sure about the fun fur.
4. I think I might make Cheesy Puffs for The Man someday, but not in orange.
5. I love the Pomatomus socks, can't wait to cast on!
6. And the Thuja socks are nice too. Two sock patterns! Woot!
7. I really like Mrs. Beeton, but would like to try to attach them as cuffs on gloves, as I don't see myself wearing them much alone.
But my top two are:
8. Tubey - Can't wait to make this - I love the construction of it!
9. Bristow is Fab! Love the cabled design, love that it is Knitpicks yarn!
I ALSO got my Interweave today! Woot!
Here's what I'm liking so far -
1. Fair Isle 101 Pullover
2. Bi-color Cables
3. Pearl Buck Swing Jacket - love this!
4. Brilliant Retro
5. Embossed Leaves Socks
And last week I finally broke down and bought Knitscene - just a few from this one as well.
1. I like the Ruffle Wrap, but maybe without the ruffles....
2. I like the Cashmere Duo - I would probably make just the sweater - I really like the shaping.
3. Fingerless Mitts, Pompom Scarf, and the Hobo Bag
But my favorite is the Inside Out top. I think I'll work on this after holiday knitting is done. I know, I know, other things to do too.
While we're on the subject, I checked out "Knit Hats" from the library to see if they had a felted had pattern that I liked (they didn't). But they do have a pattern for a double knit earwarmer that I am enamoured with. I think it'd be a great way to learn double knitting, and I like their motifs.
I'm getting used to this sitting on my ass stuff. I think I need to now, with this list, PLUS all the other patterns I want to make! As The Man said at dinner tonight, "Jenn would like a job where someone paid her to knit." Well, duh!