Sunday, December 04, 2005

Five Fab Finished Objects!

Boy I sure can come up with those clever titles....Maybe there's an award for that.

Apologies for not posting yesterday - the blog had technical difficulties (it was not viewable in some browsers) and before fully investigating the difficulties, I republished the blog (in an attempt to save it) and lost ALL of the info in the sidebar. So I spent a great deal of time yesterday and today repairing those lost links and things. Almost back to 100% now!

OMG - my weatherman just said it *might* snow here Wednesday! Of course, being Texas, it won't, but it'd help put me in the holiday spirit!

I did drag out the Christmas dishes and work on a tiny bit of decorating tonight, I hope to have more motivation tomorrow. We're planning on getting our tree Wednesday.

But on to the knitting!

The Scarf of Doom is finished! (aka Irish Hiking Scarf)


Pattern: Irish Hiking Scarf from Hello Yarn
Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Chocolate 3.5 skeins
Needles: Sz US 8 Susan Bates Circ
Dates: Late Oct to Thursday December 1
Mods: None
Thoughts: I bound off in pattern and it made the BO edge wavy, so the two sides do not match. However, I think that lends some "authenticity" to the scarf, so I'm leaving it. I will BO knitwise next time. I would love to make one of these for myself, but the pattern did get SO boring. At least I learned to "read" the cables and stopped having to keep track of my rows.

Bunny Hat has a face!


However, bunny is not smiling. Not sure how I feel about that.

Pattern: from Target Knitting Kit
Yarn: from kit - some cotton/acrylic blend I think
Needles: Sz US 7 - from kit
Mods: Made up my face pattern and did not use their thread to embroider. Used stash yarn instead.
Thoughts: I really don't like how the ears look on this and if I make another I'd use the pattern from SnB Nation.

And The Girl's Stocking is finished!


Pattern: mine again using basic sock "know-how"
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease in White and Green (I know, not the "real names," you get the idea)
Needles: Sz US 8 Clover Bamboo DPNs
Dates: Cast on Friday, finished Saturday
Thoughts: I like the heel a LOT better on this one, but I think the foot is a *bit* too short. It's been great for my sock knitting techniques to have these to practice on.
I've decided that my stocking will wait until I get all the gifts done, and probably after I get some of the other "on the needles" items finished. So I'll have one next year, and that's OK. No one would put anything in it anyway! :)

And Pasha is done!


Pattern: Pasha from Knitty by Alexandra Virgiel.
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Black and White with Yellow bits in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes.
Needles: Sz US 6 Susan Bates
Dates: Started Wed or Thurs, finished Friday night.
Mods: None
Thoughts: I think mine would look "nicer" if I hadn't used acrylic yarn, but c'est la vie. It's purely for kitsch value. I'm not sure why my beak doesn't look like the sample in the pattern, because I followed the directions, but I still like it. I love knitted toys - they are really fast!

One more super secret gift is done!


More details after the holidays.

OK, must sleep now - more excitement tomorrow (hopefully), but now go look at the new Knitty! It rocks - I want to make over 75% of the patterns, but I'll talk more about that tomorrow too.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:01 AM

    might snow? i'm new in texas, in dallas , i think i'm east of downtown on east north west highway and i think it's plano road?....might snow?
    marie in texas
    ten weeks out of florida and snow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Pahsa is sooo adorable! I just want to bite him! Hope you do get snow--maybe it will mean the snow expected here will hold off at least until *after* my evening commute...

    ReplyDelete