Sunday, December 08, 2013

Seasonal Pillow Challenge

FWMQG Seasonal Pillow Challenge

Our MQG did a seasonal pillow challenge as our last challenge of the year. I knew I wanted to make a Christmas pillow, but I also knew I didn't have a lot of time, since I had lots of other obligations! :)

I had just won a copy of Simply Modern Christmas, which has a great wreath table topper/wall quilt. (You can see it here.) I loved it, but at 26"x26" it was just too big for a pillow.

I cut up all my greens and white, sewed up a bunch of HSTs and started playing around with the layout. I thought this looked enough like a wreath to be seasonal! :) I quilted straight lines about 1/4" apart and I put in a hidden zipper in the back, which was WAY easier than I thought it would be, and looks so nice!

We don't have a lot of Christmas decor that is not up on shelves or toys, so I'm thinking I might need a few more pillows! And I found fabric to make myself a Christmas quilt, that has been waiting three years now! Maybe if I get everything done on my list.....

No comments:

Post a Comment