Thursday, February 22, 2007

Anybody out there?

Tap, tap, tap.

Is this thing on?

Anybody out there?


Well. Just how do you come back from an unexpected blogging break?
My week that was bad turned horrid over the weekend and just kept getting worse.
On Friday my allergies kicked in. Then we tried to see "Breach" and 10 people from the ticket agent it sold out (which is probably a good thing since we were at the godawful Rave theater in the mall and it was a nuthouse).
I woke up Saturday unable to breathe and feeing like I was going to be sick. I spent Saturday on the couch, asleep for most of the day. Sunday brought more of the same, though I did force myself to sit up and write lesson plans and grade papers in small chunks of time.
I dragged my butt off to school Monday only to discover that I would be having my evaluation on Wednesday morning. With the lamest math lesson ever already planned.
Monday afternoon the kicker came about 2:30 when my AP walked in and told me that I needed to get ready for a sub for the next day - I had to help administer the standardized test the upper grades would be taking the next day.
Sure, no problem. I can spend at least an hour getting ready for a sub. Oh, and my grades are still due by 9 am Tuesday? And I have to do them at school since I don't have a PC at home that will take a 3.5" floppy? And I'm still getting evaluated at 9:00 Wednesday morning? No problem.
I ended up with one of the worst subs EVER, and my grades got done on time (it was literally all I was capable of doing Monday night - I feel asleep before 9), and my evaluation is over.

Knitting? Who has time? I did finally start to think about knitting a little bit yesterday, so I know that the worst of the stress is over. Let's see how fast I can crank out two birthday gifts and two baby shower gifts. Good thing babies are small.

My apologies to all in the KAL - I just couldn't do it on Saturday. I'll post our last update this week, so get those emails in to me if you're blogless or post a progress shot on your blog.

14 comments:

  1. thought perhaps you had been abducted by aliens... poor baby. but now I have your virus or whatever. can you spell sinus headaches? ~~ mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:13 AM

    Ouch! Sorry about the sub. On behalf of all the good subs in my profession, I apologize. :)

    Sorry about you feeling rotten too! Sheesh! It never rains but it pours, eh? Here's hoping you have a quiet, restful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, talk about a week from hell. I hope all the bad stuff is behind you now. td

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignore the TD at the end of my comment - it's not some secret code. It's the beginning of my word verification, typed in the wrong place. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! What a miserable week. I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Hang in there, Sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh! Wish I could mail you some soup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've had some week. Take your time getting better--don't even think about apologizing to KALers! This is just for fun, work and life always come first, even when you'd rather they didn't. Glad the grades and eval are over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That's a pretty bad week you had there. I do hope it gets better soon, and that you have a great weekend of rest and recovery. We've missed you but of course the most important thing is to take care of yourself first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. interesting..hope you dont mind me reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, that is a bad time. I hope you get some rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really hope you are feeling better soon. We've all come down with a horrid head cold, here, and believe me, it's no fun!

    Don't worry about posting the new projects; you just take care of getting yourself well and back to knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:04 AM

    There's only one thing to say: what a rotten week! Be careful. In the mean time I finished two of my 'It is not a gift' projects. Proud to let you know:
    My fingerless gloves
    http://www.philippa.nl/yvonnep/?p=345
    My bejeweled
    http://www.philippa.nl/yvonnep/?p=340
    I'm working on Juta's Stockings from Nancy Bush's Folk Knitting in Estonia (Great Book!).

    ReplyDelete